30 Day Shred

on Monday, February 14, 2011
Oh, Jillian Michaels, you are a beast. Seriously, this workout is REAL!

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for around three weeks now. I can definitely see a difference in my body. However, I still have a way to go before I meet my goal (like 25ish pounds). I feel confident in my ability to reach this goal. My plan is to do the workout M-F, taking Saturday and Sunday off. I don't know if I can stand her man-face seven days a week.

The way the video works is by combing three circuits that consist of three minutes of strength training, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. By then end, I am always sweaty! There are three levels, and I am not afraid to admit that I have stayed on the first level so far!

I highly recommend this twenty minute workout. It's fast and effective. I can find a million reasons not to go to the gym, but I find it hard to make excuses not to do a twenty minute video in my own living room.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Dude, I hope you're not offended that I am pirating that video. It's really inexpensive on amazon too, so I feel like I'm shoplifting from Dirt Cheap or something. How pathetic. Buuuut, I'm serious broke. I figure if it works, I'll actually purchase a copy later.

Anyway, keep it up sista!

Brandi said...

Okay, so I told you earlier I was breaking out the card and getting the video off Amazon... well, I stalled because my mom and I have been talking about meal-planning, losing weight, and getting healthy. I'm especially concerned because I have been off cigarettes now for a week and I don't want to gain any more for sure!

Anyway, I was searching through cook books and diets, and I've stumbled onto this whole "eating raw" thing. Have you ever checked into things like that? I know you like to eat local and organic, which is obviously better for you, but this program also seems to talk about how you "stack" foods or something like that. Like, you eat a light meal in the morning and more substantial foods through the end of the day, but ... I dunno, google it or something.

I'm still looking into other things, not so much diets as ways to transition into a better lifestyle and eating habits. It's easy to say "I'll use portion control and eat more veggies" but it's harder to radically change my eating habits overnight with no guide. I think following a philosophy might help. I'll let you know what books I get.

Post a Comment